Spring Ages 7, 8 and 9 (Grades 2 through 4)
- 15-minute quarters – running time; except for the last 2 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarters, rulebook time per the Canadian Amateur Tackle Football Rulebook
- No kick-offs, punts or field goals
- No blitzing
- Scrimmage begins on the 25-yard line
Coaches On Field
One Coach allowed on the playing field during play for the season. The coach shall not run with the play or provide instructions once the quarterback instructs the team to set. The coach must remain 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage after the QB begins his cadence. A bench warning well be assessed if this is not adhered to.
25 seconds will be allowed to get the ball in play. Referees will give the offensive team a 10 second warning when the play clock is winding down.
Each team will be allowed two timeouts per half. Only a player on the field or the Head Coach may request a timeout. If a coach calls a third time out, at the referee’s discretion he may penalize the team of 5 yards with the down repeated.
- Touch down: 6 points.
- Extra Point: 1 point for the run, 2 points for a forward pass, 2 points for kicked convert; a blocked extra point or failed extra point resulting in an interception or fumble recovery by the defence cannot be run back for a score.
- The offence can either go for it on 3rd down, or “punt”, by having the game officials move the ball upfield 25 yards from the last line of scrimmage.
- On 3 down the offence can either
- Run a regular play; or,
- Punt with a snap from the centre; or,
- Punt with the punter 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage with the ball in his hands and the play initiated by a whistle from the referee. In the case of option 3, no player on the punting team is allowed to line up onside (in this situation only the punter can recover the ball on the punting team), and no fake punts are allowed
- Teams will also have the option of a 30 yard march off by game officials
- On punts with a snap from centre, the centre/snapper is off limits. The defence cannot line up over the centre/snapper or initiate a hit on the centre/snapper, unless the centre initiates contact. If the defence does line up over the centre or initiates contact, a 15-yard roughing penalty will be assessed
- If, during a punt, the ball does not travel more than 10 yards from the kicking point, the referee will whistle the play dead. The possession of the ball will change and the ball will be placed at the point at which it contacted the ground
- Standard sized field – 110 yards in length – as close as possible, 65 yards in width 9 man field size – 110 yards in length – as close as possible, 50 yards in width
Wilson Size 5 K2